Tuesday 31 May 2011

where to begin...crawfish boil

Oh my word! Where to begin! There is so much I want to tell y'all! I don't even know where to begin! Sorry this blog post is so late coming, but just you wait there are going to be plenty now! I'm going to do a regular small post often to catch everyone up on the fun times of life in the most glorious New York City!


Over the weekend Rich and I went to a crawfish boil. It was at our best friends place (James and Ginger). They are both from the deep south in Louisiana, where having a crawfish boil is a tradition - they're all very proud and patriotic about it!


They are kind of like yabbies! Remember fishing for yabbies in the Glenmaggie ponds? They actually got them sent live from Louisiana. They cover them in hot spices, that is one thing everyone is crazy about over here: hot sauces!


They were actually really delicious! Very salty! It was a perfect day too, the weather is getting warmer, it is so nice - such a huge contrast to the snow we had, crazy that it seems not very long ago. It was 30 degrees today!


(mum...i need new jeans)


I am going to leave it at that. I will tell you about something different tomorrow. Sorry it's short, it feels strange focusing in on one thing when it has been so long since I have told you about everyday things....so much to tell, but until next time,


I miss you all like crazy! I love you all so much and think about you everyday!


p.s, Jordy, that's your birthday card I will send you in the mail...one day...


pp.s, Steph or Jordy I need you to send me a list of books to get for my trip to the West Coast


ppp.s, Jess thank you so very much for that amazing birthday post you did for me and thank you for this blog, I love it so much!


Nomes in Brooklyn, New York




No comments:

Post a Comment