Saturday 6 August 2011

The Search for a Gnomie for Nomi!

I had a light bulb idea the other day! I spend my days at uni day dreaming of ideas how i can make you smile while you are all the way in far far away. (New York)
I know you've seen the movie Amelie. and i know that everyone has to love the travelling gnome!
Well. here it is. The Brilliant Idea!

So. Your name is NOMI! What better thing to remind us of you than a GNOMIE! :D
The plan for our "home nomi" (Gnomie)
1) Find a Nomi represent (coolest little gnome)
2) Buy the Gnomie
3) The Gnomie will be taken with a sister or a parent when an exciting or not so exciting event is happening, and at least one photo will be taken, so you will not miss out :) ...and it will be like you were there!! :O

It turns out, not many places sell Gnomes!! I spent hours searching garden stores and the internet...even old ladies gardens!!!...for the appropriate Nomi Gnome. Here are a few I came across!
These ones look like the ones from Snow White! But they weren't what I was looking for!

SO CUTE! and their faces and so squashed! haha...not a Nomi represent...and much to difficult to cart around to events, considering this Gnomie weighed a tonne!!

"Hello, I'm Santa Clause Gnomie"...Merry Christmas??

Gnomie and Richard??? ...too big again, and not very versatile for different Gnomie situations! you can only go butterfly catching or fishing!!!

It looks like Grandma Nicole playing golf...

This is bouncer Gnomie...don't be walking into any Gnome clubs underage...cos this guys tough!

I travelled high and low, far and wide, in backyards, in front yards, in Bunning's, in garden stores! None really made the cut of a travelling Nomi Represent!....I was about to give up the hunt and brilliant idea of travelling Nomi...when Lo and Behold!!!.....who would have thought...the perfect, weird, creepy, yet cute little Gnomie would be found in your old bedroom!!!
Do you remember me buying you this!!??
He is perfect and Pint Sized!!!...and has spent enough time with you to know the shoes he has to fill and the wonderful
person he has to live up to! and he even brought is flowers! 
So now it begins! We will make sure he travels with us everywhere and his adventures will be posted on the blog just for you....so you can see where we have taken you and what you and your family have done together, all the enjoying what we wish was truly your company. 
I'm sure he will be respectful of you, won't truly try to steal your spot in the family, and wont tell rude jokes about you....he did live in your room you know :/ haha

Love you and miss you!!! Hope all is well! 
Maybe I'll take you to work with me tonight....now THATS uneventful! haha

x o  x o jessy girl...(thought i might try signing off like that just once...i wanted to know what it felt like haha)

1 comment:

  1. From Mum!!!!
    I'm on Jessy's computer and it's me leaving the comment.
    My wonderfully funny Jess! You make me laugh sooooo much.
    I guess the little Nomie will have to come to school with me. Sorry I wouldn't let you put Nomie up at the front of church today as you were conducting! Now I can see how truly important such a shot of you conducting with Nomie was to this blog!!! next time!! Hope you enjoy all of this Nomes. FROM MUM xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete