Monday 23 January 2012

Jessy the Jetsetter? - Sydney

It has a nice ring to it hey? but who would have thought!? My reputation as 'stay at home Beth' is beginning to be destroyed. :/


Here is my sisterly update. 


Last night, after a sleepy airplane ride and a battle with a huntsman in my car the size of my head; i made it home to quiet little Mt.Eliza. 
I have to say, after spending a spontaneous week in Sydney...i really feel like our home has been built in the Country! The drive home seemed to take forever compared to the driving to and fro in Sydney. 

So last week, was filled with much excitement. I headed off on my lonesome, to the City that really should be Australia's Capital. (Canberra is a terrible compromise). I was so surprised when the flight only took 50 minutes and i barely had time to even get my ipod out of my bag, before they told us they were preparing to land and to 'switch all electronic devices off' (or the plane will inevitably crash or fly off track??) 
I managed to get lost within the first 5 minutes of being there...typical me. I must have looked silly wandering around the place juggling and struggling with all of my 3 bags. 
I went to a wonderful place called Cronulla, which was a perfect start to my week. Wandering the streets, admiring views (which i wish i had taken a photo of!), enjoying good company, and playing boggle :) 


Tuesday night I ventured off on my own to the public transport of Sydney. I wish i could say this was an enjoyable experience...but as i sat there all alone on the scary double decker train, i dont know if i could? :/ As the train got busier i got boxed in my 3 ladies with prams and almost missed getting off the train for my stop! haha 
 We explored the streets of the city, ate some amazing looking food...(sea urchin tastes gross by the way), searched the convenience stores for desserts that may not even exist?...and I rode a girls bike home with a smile on my face :) 
If a stranger tries to feed this to you. say no. :) 


I didn't realise the weather could be so hot in Sydney, until Wednesday; when i realised pants were a bad choice! Despite the heat and me feeling wonderfully dehydrated and lethargic, i met some of the most amazing people and fell in love with Sydney a little bit more. 




Now. I don't know if you've ever experienced Asian Karaoke? But if you havent, i want you to get on your google maps and find a spot in your busy New York and get on that! Maybe i should include it in our list of Resolutions? haha I think you would love it dear Nomi :) 


Bondi Beach was swell. (get it!? haha) I ate breakfast for lunch, we enjoyed a talented local being musical, bought Band-Aids, got lost in the streets, searched for crabs, chatted for too long on the cliffs and copped a lovely parking fine. There was so much exciting culture...and not so many life guards? We also ate the best ice-cream in Sydney...maybe even the world? It was an experience of its own finding our way to this place...(we werent lost though)... it was all part of the build up for the deliciousness? :)
Speaking of deliciousness, did you know there is 2 different types of eggplants...and they both taste exactly the same. They also make wonderful bases for vegetable people. Hair and everything.


Isn't she beautiful?


My Sydney experience also involved learning how to cook African food, and how to pick out the burnt bits. :) 


So this is my sister update for you on my week away...i will try my best to keep you updated on my Overseas jetsetting; I remember before i left for Sydney, Nomi yelled to me over skype to take my camera! I'm ashamed to say i only took 3 photos! I promise ill take more in Vietnam :) 


Please give me an update on your adventures! and Jordy is soon to post a baby-blog on our boy baby :)


I miss you dearly and love you even more! KEEP SAFE. XX







No comments:

Post a Comment